Vitamin C is involved in metabolic processes. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthen defenses. Discover 6 recipes rich in this nutrient.
Would you like to learn how to prepare some vitamin C- rich recipes? The recommended daily dose of vitamin C is easily reached through food. In addition, vitamin C is necessary because it fulfills various essential functions in the body.
Indeed, this nutrient intervenes in metabolic processes. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthen defenses. In addition, it also participates in the formation of collagen for the skin. This also helps to maintain joints, bone density and facilitates healing.
If you want to increase your intake, this article has been written for you. We give you some recipes based on foods rich in vitamin C, which will also add variety and flavor to your daily menus.
Vitamin C-rich recipes to include in your diet
1. Healthy pizza with tomatoes and peppers
Tomatoes and peppers are natural sources of vitamin C. By mixing these two ingredients, you will get a delicious low-calorie pizza.
- On a pizza dough made with whole wheat flour, spread a layer of tomato sauce.
- Then sauté a chopped tomato, red and green pepper, onions, a pinch of salt, basil, and pepper. It is better not to make the cooking last too long so that the vegetables retain their vitamin C content.
- Spread the mixture over the pizza dough and cover with cheese and oregano.
- To finish, bake until desired cooking.
2. Fruit salad rich in vitamin C
In addition to being very simple, this recipe is ideal for obtaining an additional supply of antioxidants and vitamin C.
- First, cut oranges, guavas and a pineapple.
- Then add orange juice, lemon and honey to sweeten.
3. Sautéed vegetables rich in vitamin C
- To make this dish, julienne red pepper, a green pepper, a piece of squash and onion. Separately, peel two potatoes, then cut them into rings and put them to cook.
- Once they are cooked, mix everything in a suitable container and season with soy sauce, a pinch of salt (optional), pepper, onion, and garlic powder. As well as tarragon, nutmeg and olive oil.
- Finally, quickly brown the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Radish salad rich in vitamin C
Another recipe rich in vitamin C is this radish salad. It is a simple preparation that contains antioxidants and key minerals to promote well-being.
- To start, cut a washed salad and put it in a salad bowl.
- Then add the radishes cut into rings.
- Then cut red pepper and add it to the previous mixture.
- Finally season with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt according to your taste.
5. Vegetable wok
Foods rich in vitamin C include red pepper, green, and carrots. Therefore, a good way to enjoy and savor these ingredients is to prepare a vegetable wok.
To make this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 eggplant
- Soya sauce
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green pepper
- The first thing to do is to wash all the vegetables and then cut them into thin slices.
- When they are ready, pour a drizzle of oil into the wok.
- Then add the onion and carrot first. Once the onion and carrot are golden browns, add the rest of the vegetables. Sauté everything for a few minutes.
- Adjust the salt seasoning if necessary, then pour a little soy sauce to raise the dish.
6. Spinach and white bean omelet
Green leafy vegetables are very rich in vitamin C, as are legumes. Here is an ideal recipe that combines the two foods.
- 300 grams of fresh spinach
- 200 grams of cooked white beans
- 2 eggs
- First, boil the spinach in a saucepan with a little water. To do this, when the water starts to simmer, add the spinach.
- After 10 minutes, remove them from the heat and drain them by pressing on them to extract the excess water.
- You can buy the beans already cooked. But if you prefer to prepare them yourself, let them soak the day before and then cook them.
- Once the spinach and beans are ready, just beat the eggs and add the two ingredients to the mixture. Salt and pepper if necessary.
- The mixture must be frothy and well homogeneous. Then pour it into a pre-heated pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook on one side then turns the omelet over.
Do you want to increase your vitamin C dose? So feel free to try these recipes to include in your daily diet. As you can see, they are very healthy and achievable in no time.